Monday, November 2, 2009

If I don't have big dreams, I won't do big things.

Well. I must say, getting here was quite a challenge. There are so many steps and rules to follow that too often along the way I thought it wouldn't be worth it. I finally got word about NUI Galway, and I wasn't accepted. I was crushed...all the hard work put into studying abroad was out the window. What to do? I'd have to live in College Station alone all next semester instead of Ireland. Pfh.

Thanks Paige Clark for giving me good news. This whole debacle was indeed worth all the time, tears, excitement, and fears (is that lame?). I've been accepted to the University of Limerick and I'm leaving this bubble of a town. I can't wait to be there! Even though there will be some things I'll miss, I know it will all be waiting for me when I get back home. Family, boyfriend, best friend, Texas... none of it is going anywhere. Hopefully. This is exactly what I need. Spread my wings and sow my wild oats, as dad says.

I need to get stoked & not be scared. I'm about to live in another country for 4 months. This is something I've wanted since I was young and now i'm about to do it! I'm taking the steps to follow my dreams. Well that's just it. If I don't have big dreams then I won't do big things. Here's to big dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment