Sunday, January 17, 2010

that's good craic (crack)

I finally had a little social interaction today! It's very draining not seeing a human being for a few days. I almost lost it. I even started dreaming with an Irish accent. I guess I forgot what my own voice sounds like.

We met up for lunch and shopping with other API study abroad students today. Lunch was amazing. Maybe because I've been eating peanut butter and crisps (aka chips) for the past few days? Everyone seems really friendly and it's comforting knowing there are other students going through the same experience! I still haven't met my roommates and I'm a little nervous/anxious to meet them. Apparently students go home on the weekends and all the breaks. Guess that means more travel time for Audrey!

I've heard some great rumors about school and how relaxed it is. Teachers are there to lecture and that's it. No tests throughout the semester, only at the end. Amen! I keep forgetting I actually have to go to school but it sounds like it's going to be a breeze. I'm ready for the ball to get rolling and start making new friends. At least the other study abroad students are here to go around with. More adventures to come!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Audrey! Jeramy from @APIstudyabroad here - love the blog :) Would you mind if I link to it from the API Facebook page for students who want to learn about life in Limerick?

    Thanks, and have a great semester!

    Jeramy

    ReplyDelete