Thursday, March 18, 2010

My First Love


The one relationship that has surpassed any other, the one person who hasn’t betrayed me, the one thing in my life that I have never been more scared to live without, the one friend who gave their life for me, the single most important thing in my life – My first love.

I went back and forth between “Bride of the Messiah” or “Daughter of the King” and ended up with the latter. Iníon an rí. If my life has made me sure of anything, it’s that nothing is for sure. Even the best of intentions can end up ripping out your heart. I decided against the use of the word “bride.” I feel like it’s a fleeting and almost tainted word these days. Daughter, now daughter is something I can wear with pride and certainty.

What a beautiful and perfect way to describe my relationship with my first love, my creator, my true north. The God in heaven loves me enough to stick around and promises just that. No matter how many times I wander, no matter how many times I mess up by His or my own standards, no matter how many times I push him aside, He’s the only thing that has been constant in my life. He always speaks tenderly to me to call me back and to make sure I know that He’s there. That’s something to sing about if you ask me. That’s something to be reminded of daily.

I’m not perfect and don’t pretend to be. I’ll be the first to admit that there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t get it 100 percent correct. But I’ll also be the first to tell you that I have a weakness inside of me always thirsting for more. I’ll be the first to admit that my Heavenly Father has created me in His image and I will praise Him because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. In a world full of false hope, misunderstanding, heartache and pain, God is always there. Whether or not I feel that he is or even want him to be, he’s not going anywhere. What a declaration to be made. Like my position as a daughter here on earth, I’m stuck with what I’ve got :) and daddy’s stuck with me.

I am a daughter of The King of heaven and earth and loved just as that.

Psalm 139:14 – I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 33:13-15 – From heaven the Lord looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth – he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. 




No comments:

Post a Comment